Re: gEDA-user: verilog -> gschem

On Jul 7, 2011, at 4:31 PM, <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I've looked at the mailing list archives and seen people ask but
>   haven't seen if anyone has code to take a verilog netlist and create a
>   gschem file from it. I don't care about what the schematic looks like,
>   can be ugly. I just need to get it into gschem format to run through
>   gnetlist to a different netlist format.
>
>   Why? Well, I'm getting files from different tools (gschem along with
>   tools from other sites) and the common format I can generate is verilog
>   which works out well because I'm using icarus verilog for simulation.
>   The next step in the process requires running the design through
>   gnetlist but since gnetlist only reads gschem files as input I need to
>   get the verilog files to gschem to feed gnetlist.

Well, the back end is easy. See http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/john_doty/tools/pins2gsch.html.

This script generates a .sch file that contains connectivity data, but no useful graphics. The input is a trivial TSV representation of a netlist.

Given a parser for the input netlist format(s), the same approach could be used to merge netlists from other sources. Of course, the parser is the difficult part.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx