gEDA-user: zero-clearance pads for milled/high-power boards

People reading this list already know this, so this is mostly a post for people who are searching the web trying to figure out how to make milled or very high power/heatsinking boards in which having thermal clearance around pads into copper pours is unwanted, and drawing multiple overlapping traces isn't working well either. (I figured this out by making a part incorrectly.)

If you reduce the pad clearance to zero, a copper pour will flow right over it. The problem with this is A: it'll DRC like mad, because B: you can easily short traces/pours across pads doing this.

However, if you're careful drawing copper polygons, it makes for a very nice milled board.

An example: a standard part (1206) will have:
Pad[5905 -1181 -5905 1181 5118 2000 5718 "1" "1" "square"]
a zero clearance version will change that '2000' to '0'.
(to do a whole footprint in one go, "sed 's/2000/0/g' footprintname.fp
newfootprintname.fp" -- with the proviso that that'll also grab any
other "2000" in there, including "52000", so you could make a huge mess.)

If other people have better suggestions for how to do this I'd love to hear it, but I'm thrilled with how my boards are turning out now. I'm running multi-amp LED drivers, and I need all the copper I can get. I've started a library of {partname}noclearance.fp for this purpose so I can choose what I need for the board fab style/application demand.