Re: gEDA-user: pcb GL can't render stretched arcs

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 03:48:24PM +0200, Igor Lopez wrote:
> I had a quick look at the routine and must say that I did not grasp
> the code. It is probably due to some heavy optimizations.

Heavy optimizations, perhap, but also because it is wrong.

If you have a full ellipse, then Width and Height are exactly
what they sound like -- the full length from one side of the
ellipse to the other.

There is no way right now to rotate the ellipse, so alpha
from the site you cited is always 0.

However, an arc is only a SEGMENT of the ellipse. The segment
starts at startAngle degrees and continuse for deltaAngle
degrees counterclockwise. Your code assumes we have a full
ellipse to intersect with.

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net