Re: gEDA-user: "ben mode" rendering: how?

Dave McGuire wrote:

>    Hey folks.  I'm running Peter's pcb+gl_experimental branch, and I'd
> like to play with the photorealistic rendering that used to be referred
> to as "ben mode".  I thought it was in this code base, and it's pictured
> on Peter's (excellent) blog.  How can I do this?

"Ben-Mode" has been merged into the main code base as "photo-mode". Check the
PNG export dialog for an option named like that. Note, that this will render
your layout photorealistically in 2D. You can add some shadow tricks with
imagemagick to make it look like this:
http://bibo.iqo.uni-hannover.de/dokuwiki/lib/exe/detail.php?id=eigenbau%3Asupply&media=eigenbau:supply:supply_v2.png

The 3D images in Peters blog are a different kind of fish.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx