Re: gEDA-user: question about how to get pads on my circuit board for power and gnd...

Ed Hartnett wrote:

> You have a bunch of gnd symbols around the place. When you create your
> netlist, these are not going to be on it, correct?

The netlist does not contain symbols or footprints anyway -- just pins
and nets :-)

The gnd symbols make sure, a particular pin is connected to the gnd net.

> Because you have these
> pins connected to grn symbols without a footprint, you will have
> to add the traces to the correct pins in pcb. Is this correct?

yes.

BTW, you may try the new "import_schematic" feature of PCB. This creates
the netlist on the fly and imports it into the layout with much less
hassle than the traditional gsch2pcb work flow.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx