Re: gEDA-user: question about how to get pads on my circuit board for power and gnd...

   Howdy Kai-Martin!
   Thanks for the answers and especially the example! I am looking at it
   closely.
   You have a bunch of gnd symbols around the place. When you create your
   netlist, these are not going to be on it, correct? Because you have
   these pins connected to grn symbols without a footprint, you will have
   to add the traces to the correct pins in pcb. Is this correct? Or am I
   missing something?

   On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 7:23 AM, Kai-Martin Knaak <[1]kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

   Ed Hartnett wrote:
   >  Do I add a connector on gschem

     yes.

   >  and use it instead of then GND/5V symbols?

     no.
     You add just one connector and connect it with the gnd-symbol.
     Then you connect the gnd symbol wherever you need GND potential.

   >  Or do I associate a footprint of HEADER2_1 with each of them?
   >  Or with one of them?

     The footprint should be associated with the connector symbol.
     See the attached example.
     Although I used symbols and footprints from the default library of
     gschem and PCB, I'd recommend to also look at [2]gedasymbols.org .
     (@Ales: Yes, I am working on the beginners lib. Progress is slow
     though. See my recent activity at gedasymbols)
     ---<)kaimartin(>---
     --
     Kai-Martin Knaak
     Email: [3]kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx