Re: gEDA-user: question about how to get pads on my circuit board for power and gnd...

Ed Hartnett wrote:

>  Do I add a connector on gschem

yes.

>  and use it instead of then GND/5V symbols?

no.
You add just one connector and connect it with the gnd-symbol.
Then you connect the gnd symbol wherever you need GND potential.

>  Or do I associate a footprint of HEADER2_1 with each of them?
>  Or with one of them?

The footprint should be associated with the connector symbol.

See the attached example.
Although I used symbols and footprints from the default library of
gschem and PCB, I'd recommend to also look at gedasymbols.org .

(@Ales: Yes, I am working on the beginners lib. Progress is slow
though. See my recent activity at gedasymbols)

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx