Re: gEDA-user: PCB segfaults on click in netlist window

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 01:04:10AM +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Hi.
> With my current project PCB sefaults reproducably. It crashes when
> I click on one of the node items on the right column of the netlist
> window. Curiously, everything is fine if I click on the right column
> for the first time in a session. The cross hair jumps to where the
> node happens to be on the canvas and everything looks fine. But when
> I try this trick again (with a different node), PCB segfaults
> instantly. There is nothing on the command line except for the
> string "Segmentation fault".
>
> It does not seem to matter, which node I choose.
> PCB from git-head shows the same behavior as v20100929 distributed by
> debian/testing. I cannot reproduce with other layouts of mine, though.
> My current is bit larger than usual. Size of the layout is 2.4 MB.
> Probably larger than the list allows. I attached the netlist (53 kB)
>
> Anyone else seen this? Is this a known bug?

I can reproduce it with the netlist you attached (and the pcb
by the same name that you have posted on a few other bugs). I
haven't seen it before.

It happens consistently with 20100929 and git head. I'll look
into it. Please post it on the tracker.

If it is, as Ethan Swint suggests, the same as the invalid
free bug we saw a few weeks ago, this is great news.

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net
Web:   http://www.wpsoftware.net/andrew/