Re: gEDA-user: PCB segfaults on click in netlist window

   On 07/17/2011 07:04 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

Hi.
With my current project PCB sefaults reproducably. It crashes when
I click on one of the node items on the right column of the netlist
window. Curiously, everything is fine if I click on the right column
for the first time in a session. The cross hair jumps to where the
node happens to be on the canvas and everything looks fine. But when
I try this trick again (with a different node), PCB segfaults
instantly. There is nothing on the command line except for the
string "Segmentation fault".

It does not seem to matter, which node I choose.
PCB from git-head shows the same behavior as v20100929 distributed by
debian/testing. I cannot reproduce with other layouts of mine, though.
My current is bit larger than usual. Size of the layout is 2.4 MB.
Probably larger than the list allows. I attached the netlist (53 kB)

   The most recent investigation was started by Russell Dill titled
   "gEDA-user: PCB invalid free with latest git".  Andrew Poelstra asked
   us to run valgrind on PCB.  Unfortunately, once the bug knew it was
   being watched, it didn't poke out it's head.  If you can capture the
   event on valgrind, that would be fantastic!
   -Ethan

Anyone else seen this? Is this a known bug?

---<)kaimartin(>---