Re: gEDA-user: Design Nark

On 19/07/2011, Colin D Bennett <colin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And not m4 script, please!  Ideally various scripting languages could
> be used (Python, Perl, Scheme, Lua, etc.) as various users prefer.
> Personally, I would be happy with a clean language such as either
> Python or Lua.

How about a symbol with an 'execute' attribute, when it is found it
runs whatever is there passing the rest of the attributes as
parameters or via stdin, then outputting the result. Even something
like shar could be implemented, so the script and the symbol are in
one file. Of course this opens the problem of checking third party
symbols from nasty stuff inside.

Maybe I looked into wrong places but something to filter the current
selection / buffer with an external program would be useful too.

--
Adrian.
http://ovejafm.com