Re: gEDA-user: Non-Rectangular PCB Shape, Negative Etch, 3-Spoke Thermals; Swapping

> 1. What can I do if the intended PCB shape is not rectangular, e.g. if
> it is circular?

One of the layers should be named "outline" (if not, rename one of
them to that).  Draw your outline there, using lines and/or arcs.

> 2. On the same layer, I want two different grounds which come together
> within a small area (a very common occurrence when laying out an ADC or
> DAC). I can draw two patches and then connect them with a trace. It
> would be easier if I could draw one big patch and then introduce /cuts/
> to it by telling PCB to /remove/ copper where I draw a trace. Is there
> any way of doing that?

There's a polygon hole tool which you could use, but we don't have a
way to cut a plane with a *line*.

> 3. I remember reading somewhere that there is a way in PCB to cycle
> between different kinds of thermals (three-spoke, four-spoke, or none).

Shift-click the thermal tool.