Re: gEDA-user: New line-snapping feature for PCB - please try it!

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 01:37 +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > adding a feature for snapping to off-grid points along the body of a
> > track.
>
> Sounds good, but I don't quite understand the details. Where exactly
> are these points?

Try it and you will see ;)

Basically, when you're over the line, the snap code picks the nearest
grid point to where your mouse pointer is, then casts out from it in
vertical, horizontal and both 45 degree angles in between, until it hits
the line your mouse pointer is over.

Any of the intersections between the cast lines and the line you're over
will snap - the closest to your mouse pointer is choesen.