Re: gEDA-user: New line-snapping feature for PCB - please try it!

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 20:23 +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > Try it and you will see ;)
>

> Now, that I tried a bit more, I see room for improvement :-)
> Currently the cross hair snaps to lines on all layers.

It should perhaps be a "stronger" snap on the layer you are on perhaps.

Placing vias is layer agnostic of course, and I can imagine cases where
I want to line a track up against one on a different layer _before_
placing the via. Perhaps a corner case though.. I'll leave it to others
to experiment with the heuristic.. I've got other patches to cook at the
moment.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,