Re: gEDA-user: Design Nark

On 19/07/2011, Colin D Bennett <colin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:56:18 -0300
> Adrian Pardini <pardo.bsso@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
>> one file. Of course this opens the problem of checking third party
>> symbols from nasty stuff inside.
>
> That's a nice general-purpose idea.  But as you mention, it is a
> serious security hole that we can avoid with some more supporting
> code.  For instance, a sandboxed Lua environment is trivial to
> implement.

Yes, I never hacked gschem before so I was thinking about something
doable in a short time. Also it is language - agnostic, I can wrap my
head around lua but I'm more of a python guy when it comes to
scripting. I remember seeing a multi language scripting support for
pcb a while ago but it looked complicated. Maybe we can bless one
language and add the rest as they are needed / wanted (or convince
everybody to switch), certainly either one looks like a daunting task
to me compared to an irreverent fork+exec.  Whichever route, I'll
learn something new.

best.

--
Adrian.