Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Current layer can't reach subnet involving SMD U2pin 6

mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> I've made progress learning how gschem and PCB work and am ready to put
> down traces, but am having problems with the rats nest.  I used gschem2pcb
> and then pulled up the .pcb file and loaded the .net file.  When I hit `w'
> to show the rats nest I get lots of messages like:
>
> Current layer can't reach subnet invovlving SMD U2 pin 2

> and then end up with a rats netst which only connects the through-hole
> parts and none of the surface mount parts.
>
> Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Nothing wrong in particular:

w adds the rats nets to the active or current layer only. Use o to add
all the rats nets.

The doc/pcb directory has a (fairly) complete 60+ page manual, plus a
very handy one page summary of all important command, which I recommend
you print.

Chris.