Re: gEDA-user: Tech Paper on PCB routing theory wanted

On Friday 07 June 2002 07:39 pm, chimin yen wrote:
> Hi, there:
>

>    I'm wondering if anyone on this group has a
> collection of tech papers on PCB routing
> theory and algorithm.

I've been using mentor and cadence on the job for years and they seem to never
publish anything.   I'm not sure which PhD research oriented journal would
cover such even.   It's a good idea to also cover the research.  I'm not sure
much will turn up though....   I thnk researchers see layot as "mere applied
technology" and can't get papers published on it so it is just done ad hoc.

What's going on on this email list is certainly ad hoc, but we do have some
experience here commenting on it.   It probably will turn out well.

No one's mentioned autorouters yet, though....   Try a search on autorouters.
Autorouting of many kinds I do recall research papers on.

Let's find them!