Re: gEDA-user: gschem2pcb Issues

Chris Ellec wrote:

> Just remove PKG_ from the name to get the actual package name, in this
> case TO92. PKG_DIL would become DIL, which you have to use with at least
> 2 parameters such as:
>
> footprint=DIL 14 300
>
> The "list" files are used by the PCB program to offer the footprints in
> the "library" window for people who only import netlist then place the
> components by hand.
>
> Chris.

OK, I was at this point a few weeks ago. I created a simple schematic
with one symbol thus:

[ewinsor@prism geda.sch]$ cat topcb.sch
v 20020527
C 51100 58800 1 0 0 5V-plus-1.sym
C 49400 56800 1 0 0 5V-plus-1.sym
N 49800 56200 49600 56200 4
N 49600 56200 49600 56800 4
N 49800 56600 49600 56600 4
N 51300 56400 51300 58800 4
N 51300 56400 51100 56400 4
C 49800 55900 1 0 0 7400-1new.sym
{
T 50100 56800 5 10 1 1 0 0
uref=U1
}
[ewinsor@prism geda.sch]$ cat ~/geda/share/gEDA/sym/local/7400-1new.sym
v 20020527
L 300 200 300 800 3 0 0 0 -1 -1
T 300 0 9 8 1 0 0 0
7400
L 300 800 700 800 3 0 0 0 -1 -1
T 500 900 5 10 0 0 0 0
device=7400
T 500 1100 5 10 0 0 0 0
slot=1
T 500 1300 5 10 0 0 0 0
numslots=4
T 500 1500 5 10 0 0 0 0
slot1=1,2,3
T 500 1700 5 10 0 0 0 0
slot2=4,5,6
T 500 1900 5 10 0 0 0 0
slot3=9,10,8
T 500 2100 5 10 0 0 0 0
slot4=12,13,11
L 300 200 700 200 3 0 0 0 -1 -1
A 700 500 300 270 180 3 0 0 0 -1 -1
V 1050 500 50 6 0 0 0 -1 -1 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
P 1100 500 1300 500 1
{
T 1085 550 5 8 1 1 0 0
pin3=3
}
P 300 300 0 300 1
{
T 100 350 5 8 1 1 0 0
pin2=2
}
P 300 700 0 700 1
{
T 100 750 5 8 1 1 0 0
pin1=1
}
T 300 900 8 10 1 1 0 0
uref=U?
T 500 2300 5 10 0 0 0 0
footprint=DIL 14 300

Then I run gschem2pcb and get this like B Cattle is getting thus:

[ewinsor@prism geda.sch]$ gschem2pcb topcb.sch
gEDA/gnetlist version 20020527
gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more
details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

gEDA/gnetlist version 20020527
gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more
details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Error: the footprint DIL for the device U1 does not exist

I have looked for DIL on my machine and I do not find it.

[ewinsor@prism geda.sch]$ locate DIL
/home/ewinsor/pcbtmp/pcb-1.6.3p/lib/TTL_74xx_DIL.list
/home/ewinsor/pcbtmp/pcb-1.6.3p/lib/TTL_74xx_DIL.m4
/home/cad/lib/pcb/m4/TTL_74xx_DIL.m4
/home/cad/lib/pcb/m4/TTL_74xx_DIL.list
[ewinsor@prism geda.sch]$ locate dil
/usr/share/apps/kmidi/pics/kmidilogo.png
/home/ewinsor/pcbtmp/pcb-1.6.3p/lib/dil.inc
/home/cad/lib/pcb/m4/dil.inc

And, changing to lower case as in footprint=dil 14 300 gives the same
results as DIL.

Are we missing something or have something improperly installed?

--
Eric Winsor
Stewart Radiance Laboratory