Re: gEDA-user: gschem2pcb Issues

Bryan Cattle wrote:

> Yeah, that infinite loop must be the problem.  However, the only defined
> attributes in the schematic for that component are as follows:
>
> C 32100 74200 1 270 0 connector2-1.sym
> {
>         T 32900 74200 5 10 1 1 270 0
>         uref=CONN2
>         T 32100 74200 5 10 0 1 0 0
>         footprint=SIL 2
> }
>
> So, the aforementioned underscore must be coming from somewhere else.
> Perhaps one of the scheme files?  Am I the only one who has ever seen
> this kind of thing, because the same infinite loop happened in every
> schematic I tried.  Thanks guys.
> -Bryan Cattle

Bryan,

I have seen this too and it seams to be a problem with the definition of
the SIL package in misc.inc.  I am by no means an expert with m4 so I
haven't divined what is wrong yet.  I have some jumpers on my board that
I was desiring to use 1X2 headers on so I used SIL 2 in the footprint
definition.  I then ended up with an infinite loop when gschem2pcb was
run.  I stopped the job and examined the *.tmp.pcb file and found the
culprit element.  I have some parts using SIL 4 and they worked with
gschem2pcb fine, so I tried SIL 3 and I also got another infinite loop.
I then put SIL 4 (as a sanity check) into the element and all was fine.
I have the documentation on gnu m4 and am digging into this because I
want to work on the plcc.inc file too.  I am a bit absorbed with some
noise analysis that is pulling my time however.

Oh that black magic

--
Eric Winsor
Electrical Engineer