Re: gEDA-user: PCB settings

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:47:40 +0200
Leva <leva@interware.hu> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>

> I'm now switching back to PCB from eagle. I have questions.
>
> - How can I make PCB to remember the Sizes settings?

It only remembers when you save the file. When you re-open it, the Sizes
settings will be reload with the values when you saved the files.

You can edit the Pcb configuration file at /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Pcb
in the line:
pcb.routeStyles:            Signal,10,55,28,10:Power,25,60,35,10:Fat,40,60,35,10:Skinny,8,36,20,7

and change to the values you use.

> - Why do I have to reconfigure all the stuff every boot time?

What kind of stuff? Every boot time? What distro do you use?

> - How can I "edit" lines? I want to change the keepaway value.

There are two keepaway: one for lines and vias/pins to a polygon, and
vias/pins to soldermask. Both you can increase and decrease with the k
key. When a line passes over a poligon, put the cursor over the line and
press the k key, the clearance will increase by 5 mils. Shift k decreases.
To change the keepaway with soldermask, do the same, but select on the
menu to show the soldermask.

So simple, so good.