gEDA-user: syncing updates between gschem and pcb?

Is there a way to maintain sync between gschem and pcb?

I create my schematic in gschem. I use gschem2pcb to get a netlist and
pcb file. I do my layout in PCB. Everything so far works just fine for
me.

Now I decide I forgot a component on the schematic. Is it up to me to now
manually add the component to both gschem and PCB and hope that I'm doing
the right thing? Is there a suggested way of merging updates from gschem
into PCB, without losing the hours of layout work I have done in PCB?

Great tools btw regardless of whether or not this is easily done.