Re: gEDA-user: syncing updates between gschem and pcb?

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:
> According to "What's new in 2.0" You can add netlist elements in pcb directly.
> This always happen during evaluation of the PCB. If you find that you need an
> extra capacitor across VCC somewhere, you just place it in the layout, then
> name it, then make the "netlist" layer active, then place line from the
> connetcions of the cap to ground and VCC. Then this new connected element
> will show up in the PCB internal netlist which can be saved. Now the
> question: Can this netlist be read back to schematic?

It would be convenient if I could make changes in PCB, and read them
back into gschem. However its not a big issue if I just need to go add
the capacitor in this case in the schematic (along with its nets) and
re-run gschem2pcb grabbing the updated pcb file. As long is there is a
way to maintain sync (and there is), I can use that method.

I do realize that other commericial EDAs (like Eagle) allow you to
maintain sync betwen adding components/nets on the PCB side and those
are fed back into the schematic.