-- Cut here --
From: Ed Richley <richley@onion-switch.com>

Thanks to all who replied. It sounds as if a newer version is the
answer (1.99o). I went to sourceforge, and apparently the only code
is in cvs form. So, now I have to figure out how to use cvs. It also
wasn't apparent that the version in cvs was 1.99o. But, I'll
figure it out. Is there some reason why there can't just be a tarball?
Also, I learned that SMD parts in the library can be placed on either
side. It's just the homemade parts that won't switch. Hopefully the
newer version will fix this.
And is there a good reason why the library generation process is so
cryptic? I read the manual and it assures me that it's better this way, but I really have to wonder. Most layout people spend half their time
making footprints. Or is there a manual explaining how to do it?

Thanks again.

Ed

More shameless self premotion to follow. Ed have you fetched my document.....

www.meierrippin.com/pcb_landpattern_design.pdf

Have fun,

Steve Meier