Re: gEDA-user: SMD's with pcb

I do my footprints very easy in PCB.
I just place vias as the pins of the part, size it, name it with the
'n' key with their numbers, draw the outline with lines in the silkscreen
layer, select all, cut selection to buffer, convert buffer to element,
and place it, and name it with the refdes name. So simple. I did with
DIP components, SMD parts, oblongue pads, etc.