Re: gEDA-user: PCB vs. dead polygon

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:23:43 -0400
Dan McMahill <dan@mcmahill.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:36:47AM +0200, Levente KOVACS wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > I have a question about dead polygons. I call dead polygon, which is not
> > connected to any net. How can I remove them? They are not needed, just
> > incrase the capacity.
> >
> > Furthermore, if I do "lookup connection to object", they are indicated
> > as connected.
> >
> > See the attached picture as example. The things inside J6.
> >

> ah.  Those are actually part of your big polygon which probably is connected
> elsewhere.  The holes punched in a polygon by the pins/vias which do
> not connect to it do not actully break up the polygon.  It would be interestng
> to implement some sort of 'island removal' as its called, but currently
> PCB doesn't do that.

I allways need to retouch my pcb outputs.
I retouch them with sketch. I use a program called pstoedit, to convert from
.ps (postscript files) to .sk (sketch files). I open the .sk files in sketch,
wixh is a CorelDraw-like program, and I do some modifications, like close all
the holes (wich is a boring work), draw my logo in the board, and remove dead
polygons. Then, I save the file as a .ps . Note that my fab accept only .ps
files, so to me its ok. In a gerber file, I really have no idea how to do it...