Re: gEDA-user: PCB lib.

Em Qua 16 Jun 2004 10:44, Chad Robinson escreveu:
> Stephen Meier wrote:
> > There is a document. I have a copy. But it is copyrighted and sold at
> > http://www.ipc.org/ for $150.00
> >

> > IPC-SM-782A "Surface Mount Design and Land Pattern Standard"
>
> How many elements does it describe? Is it a general standard that describes
> land patterns for N-size components (e.g. for a 0.8 pitch quad, this is
> what it should look like regardless of pin count) or does it describe every
> component in detail?
>
> Frankly, I'm not sure it's worth the effort. What does everybody else do
> regularly? Personally I spend a lot of time dealing with custom components,
> like Hirose PCB connectors, special crystal/resonator packages, etc. In
> Circuitmaker I have a library of dozens of these things that I've put
> together over the years, that I'd be happy to contribute. What I CAN'T
> stomach is making the footprints that I haven't had to make, like the
> TO-263. Am I just not looking in the right spot?
>
> Regards,
> Chad

yes, you are. What I think is, if the footprints you designed have a standard
definition, the name of the footprint must agree with the standard. Then, you
can contribute with these design to the project. The problem is to contribute
with a footprint named "little_connector_with_32_pins_with_shine_bubbles",
this will make the design a nightmare...
IF the footprint doenst have any standard, then it can have any name...