Re: gEDA-user: 74xx series

> 1) Implicit connections are good when they help minimize the crowding
> of a schematic.

> 3) Implict connections are bad for high speed analog where you want to
>
> filter the devices power from the boards power.

I think even a normal TTL gate generates noise on the top of the power
supply lines. It's better to filter it. So, anyway, it's better to have
thoes pins visible.

I've seen IC sockets coming with a 100nF capacitor soldierd to the
traditional corner pins.

Not to mention high frequency analog devices. You should not just filter
the noise from the supply to the chip, however you should filter the
generated noise coming from the chip, to the power line.

I often use circuit like this...

Vcc-------*-----\/\/\/\/\----*----IC_power_pin
          |     ---------    |
        -----              -----
        -----              -----
          |                  |
          |                  |
         ---                ---
         ///                ///

Levente

--
Leva

__

E-Mail: leva@interware.hu
AIM: ha5ogl
ICQ: 48710903
MSN: ha5ogl@hotmail.com
Yahoo!: kieg_tk16
Home Page: http://web.interware.hu/leva
Public key: http://web.interware.hu/leva/cuccok/public_key

/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 X   against HTML email & vCards
/ \     http://arc.pasp.de/

Have Fun, & Linux! 73 for all by HA5OGL.
This message was generated by Sylpheed.