Re: gEDA-user: Trackball at work?

Shahab Sanjari wrote:
Hi,
Is there anyone there who uses a trackball as a pointing device at work?
For more than 2 months, my wrist became really uncomfortable and it
started to ache after a few hours of working with mouse. Recently it is
aching all the time, and since yesterday, I am keeping it warm with a
bandage. After a weak of searching, I bought a trackball, in the hope of
at least  changing the position in which the muscles are in tension. This
one has the ball at the side so that you can move it with your thumb. The
others with the ball at the top aren't that good, since you still have to
keep the index finger in tension when you don't move the ball. I clicked
around in PCB to see how it feels.It has been good till now, but it is
still kinda' weired. The movements are still not precise enough, I still
need practice. Is there anyone who has come back to mouse after using a
trackball and having lost the hope of  making precise movement with it?
Tried and failed. I found the large trackballs too inconvenient to use, and as you pointed out, the small ones were not accurate enough. Further, my pain just shifted spots with them, it moved into the base of my thumb.

What I've found very helpful is the "3M Renaissance Mouse". It's a traditional mouse but you hold it like a joystick. That has cleared up nearly all my pain. I've also been trying out tablets, but so far haven't had great luck with Linux compatibility, at least in the less expensive options.

Regards,
Chad