Re: gEDA-user: Help with creating schematics that can be netlisted/placed via PCB

Hi --

> At step 6, I get the following errors:
>
> gnetlist -g PCBboard -o blah.pcb blah.sch
> gEDA/gnetlist version 20050313
> gEDA/gnetlist comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more detai=
> ls.
> This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
> conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.
>
> Remember to check that your schematic has no errors using the drc2 backend.
> You can do it running 'gnetlist -g drc2 your_schematic.sch -o drc_output.tx=
> t'
> and seeing the contents of the file drc_output.txt.
>
> m4: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/pcb/m4/common.m4: No such file or directory

My suggestion is to use gsch2pcb instead of "gnetlist -g PCBoard".
Read Bill Wilson's tutorial about gsch2pcb here:

http://www.geda.seul.org/docs/current/tutorials/gsch2pcb/tutorial.html

The advantage to this is that you can specify which directories to use
for your M4 and newlib footprints inside a resource file (which Bill
calls the "project" file).  This may help solve your problem.

Also, Bill's tutorial is an excellent introduction to board design
using gEDA in its own right.  It's worth a read.

Stuart