Re: gEDA-user: Help with creating schematics that can be netlisted/placed via PCB

> On 6/2/05, Bill Wilson <billw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > My suggestion is to use gsch2pcb instead of "gnetlist -g PCBoard".
> > > Read Bill Wilson's tutorial about gsch2pcb here:
> >
> >     http://members.dslextreme.com/users/billw/gsch2pcb/tutorial.html
>
> I actually read that before.
>
> So . . . I'm confused.  I should *NOT* be using the "geda" wrapper
> executable to manage my gEDA projects?  Because that's what I'm using,
> and it felt it necessary to use gnetlist, apparently.

The "geda" project manager hasn't been updated in a while (more like
a couple of years AFAIK).  Bill's gsch2pcb stuff is newer than the
last "geda" update.  That's why "geda" doesn't use it.  Nonetheless,
gsch2pcb is your best path to layout.

We talked about the sleeping status of "geda" at the last Free Dog
meeting; I think it might be a good idea to bring it up to date.
Nobody has any time, unfortunately.  If anybody wants to adopt a
project, hacking "geda" would be a good one.

Meanwhile, most people just use the tools (gschem, gattrib, gsch2pcb,
pcb, etc) from the command line.   That's what I would recommend.

Stuart