Re: gEDA-user: LGPL symbols vs. GPL symbols?

> I'm curious to learn whether LGPL symbols would be accepted via the
> symbol submission form on the gEDA website.

While the LGPL was designed for code, IMHO the way the LGPL would
apply to symbols would be that you'd have to provide a way to replace
a single symbol in a project even if you can't replace the others.
Since that doesn't happen with gEDA tools (you can always replace
symbols) I don't think the LGPL would be useful.

Note also that the FSF recommends you NOT use the LGPL unless you
absolutely have to.  The GPL is a cleaner license, and more accurately
reflects the goals of free software.

Also, if you mix GPL and LGPL symbols in a project, the LGPL ones
effectively become GPL anyway.