gEDA-user: Errors converting schematics to PCB...

I am receiving errors like these when attempting to convert from a
schematic to a PCB layout:

Component [74HC4066-1.sym] was not found in any component library
Component [74HC4066-1.sym] was not found in any component library
Component [74HC4066-1.sym] was not found in any component library
Component [74HC4066-1.sym] was not found in any component library
Component [74HC595-1.sym] was not found in any component library
Component [74HC595-1.sym] was not found in any component library

I am using the tutorial documented earlier in this mailing list as my
guide, and it's still not finding the symbols.

Note that 74HC4066-1.sym and 74HC595-1.sym are customized symbols,
which exist in my project's "symbols" subdirectory.  Here is my
gschemrc file:

(component-library "/home/kc5tja/projects/bootbox/symbols")

Pretty simple.  Here is the project file:

schematics schematics/bootbox-1.sch schematics/bootbox-2.sch
schematics/bootbox-3.sch schematics/bootbox-4.sch
output-name pcb/bootbox

I've tried adding a "component-library" entry in the project file,
just on a hunch, but that doesn't do anything.

Is there any way I can get this to work?

Thanks.

Samuel A. Falvo II