Re: gEDA-user: Multiple symbol for one part??

From: Andy Fong <boringuy@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: gEDA-user: Multiple symbol for one part??
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:14:36 -0400

> I am trying to create a 900-pin FPGA symbol. How do I break it into
> multiple symbols so that I can fit it into several A3 pages? Is there
> such a feature in gschem? Thanks.

Well, when I did my 208-pin Xilinx FPGA symbols, I had to break a number of
rules that was around.

I guess you also need to have power-pins well shown etc.

The sloting feature should help you part of the way, but I don't know if the
assymetric support is in there (as for 4/5 input NANDs etc).

Cheers,
Magnus