Re: gEDA-user: Multiple symbol for one part??

Andy Fong wrote:

I am trying to create a 900-pin FPGA symbol. How do I break it into
multiple symbols so that I can fit it into several A3 pages? Is there
such a feature in gschem? Thanks.

Andy

I just got a board finished that uses a 256 pin FPGA and broke it into 10 symbols. I used 1 for each bank as well as a power symbol and a configuration/JTAG symbol. Use the same refdes for all the symbols and you only need to give one of them a value and footprint. I believe it has to be the first on in the file.

--
Darrell Harmon
100x100mm SBC running GNU/Linux: