Re: gEDA-user: Multiple symbol for one part??

> I just got a board finished that uses a 256 pin FPGA and broke it into
> 10 symbols.  I used 1 for each bank as well as a power symbol and a
> configuration/JTAG symbol.  Use the same refdes for all the symbols and
> you only need to give one of them a value and footprint.  I believe it
> has to be the first on in the file.

I don't quit unterstand. The refdes in the symbol file now is set to U?.
Are you saying just use the same refdes for the schematic(eg. U1 for
all symbols)?
You said give one of them a value and footprint. What value are you refering to?

Thank you for the help.

Andy.