Re: gEDA-user: Multiple symbol for one part??

Hi,

[snip]
>What I personally don't get is how to have different *shapes* for the
>different slots.  For example, suppose I make a CPU part with hidden
>power.  The first slot would be the 38-or-so pins that I'd need to
>connect address, control, and data buses with.  Then slot 2 would just
>be Vss and Vdd.  THAT is what I personally don't know how to do yet
>(although, admittedly, I haven't really had a need for that just yet).

	You cannot currently do this with gEDA/gaf.  The slotting in
gschem is for homogeneous symbols only (each slot only differs in
pinnumbers).  For hetrogenous symbols (as Mike and other have suggested),
just draw the symbols and then when they are placed into the schematic, be
sure to give them the same refdes and gnetlist will take care of the rest.

								-Ales