Re: gEDA-user: Some photos from last week's Free Dog meeting

On 6/10/06, Dan McMahill <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stuart Brorson wrote:
> At last Thursday's Free Dog meeting John Luciani brought his theremin,
> which he had created in his home workshop.  Not only did he design the
> electronic part of the instrument using gEDA/PCB, but he also built the
> unit into a large, wooden musical note which he hand crafted.  I was
> so tickled by the cleverness of his instrument and its housing that I
> took a handfull of photos of the project.  You can see the photos
> here:
>
> http://www.freeedaug.org/FreeDog_20060608/FreeDog_20060608_1.html
>
> Very nice, John!
>
> Stuart

I love the cabinet.  Funny that you should make this.  A theremin has
been high on my list of projects although I was planning on perhaps a
walnut rectangular box with exposed antenna.

Thanks.

I made the note out of Poplar since I am planning on painting it. The beam and
corpus are one piece. The flag is glued on using a #0 bisquit. I ran
out of Poplar
so the base is a piece of Oak that is leftover from a tree that was in
my backyard.

The shape came from a Metafont musical font. Minor modifications to compile
with Metapost, a couple of changes to the height and width and I was able
to create a paper template to use on the bandsaw.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org