gEDA-user: gEDA - gschem 20060123 Failure

# uname -a
FreeBSD asus.tddhome 5.5-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 5.5-PRERELEASE #0: \
    Sun May 21 21:17:30 PDT 2006  \
    root@xxxxxxxxxxxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I installed the 20060123 snapshot, using the ports tree, modifying the
Makefile to require the snapshot and updating the libgeda version to
geda.25.  The installation went smoothly.

The initial startup showed no system-gafrc.  I copied a stub from the
gschem test directory and seemed to get more into initialization.

Now, gschem seems unable to locate scheme/gschem.scm, the message
shows gschem is looking for (null)/gschem.scm.  I believe (null)
should have been replaced with the contents of
default_scheme_directory.  I a define into system-gschemrc and
system-gafrc, with no change in the behavior.

What have I missed?

Looking at gschem.log, I see a couple (null)'s.  I am missing
something else...

tomdean

========== startup messages =======================================
# gschem -v
gEDA/gschem version 20060123
gEDA/gschem comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Failed to read init scm file [(null)/gschem.scm]
ERROR: Unbound variable: find-key

========== gschem.log ==============================================
#  cat gschem.log
gEDA/gschem version 20060123
gEDA/gschem comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

Read system-gafrc file [/usr/local/share/gEDA/system-gafrc]
Did not find optional ~/.gEDA/gafrc file [/usr/home/tomdean/.gEDA/gafrc]
Did not find optional local gafrc file [/usr/home/tomdean/cad/gEDA/gafrc]
Read system-gschemrc file [/usr/local/share/gEDA/system-gschemrc]
Read ~/.gEDA/gschemrc file [/usr/home/tomdean/.gEDA/gschemrc]
Did not find optional local gschemrc file [/usr/home/tomdean/cad/gEDA/gschemrc]
Could not find [/usr/home/tomdean/cad/gEDA/(null)] for interpretion
Failed to read init scm file [(null)/gschem.scm]