Re: gEDA-user: gEDA - gschem 20060123 Failure

Hi Tom,

[snip]
>The initial startup showed no system-gafrc.  I copied a stub from the
>gschem test directory and seemed to get more into initialization.

	This is very bad; the system-gafrc should be installed when
you install the geda-symbols package.  Out of curiosity, is there a
system-gafrc in your / directory?  If so, I've seen this, but I can't
explain why it sometimes happens.

>Now, gschem seems unable to locate scheme/gschem.scm, the message
>shows gschem is looking for (null)/gschem.scm.  I believe (null)
>should have been replaced with the contents of
>default_scheme_directory.  I a define into system-gschemrc and
>system-gafrc, with no change in the behavior.
>
>What have I missed?

	Do you have the config.log for libgeda, symbols, and gschem?
Something went very wrong during configuration and install.  I would
first make sure that a normal install gets a system-gafrc installed;
that might solve things and also make sure that you don't have an old
version of gEDA/gaf installed.	Another alternative is to install the
new version into a private prefix and see if that works.

								-Ales