Re: gEDA-user: How's my footprint?

> I created this for LT1764A and friends, it's a DD5.  This is exactly
> their recommended footprint, plus an outline I made up.  It's very
> tight to the part, more so than some I looked at on professionally
> made boards using the same package.

It's twice as far from the part as outlines I use, though.  I've been
using 6/6 rules for silkscreen lately.

> I initially set the mask and clearance manually, but then I took
> them out and accepted the default, since I have no experience tuning
> those.

I set clearance gap to be whatever the line spacing rule is, unless
they're power pins (regulators, etc) in which case I use the "fat"
rules.  Sometimes I tweak them if I'm hand-etching the board, or to
avoid slivers between pads.

Mask is always 0.075mm gap (3 mil), which seems to be what all the
fabs have as a minimum.