Re: gEDA-user: schematic symbol text size for printing

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 09:50:24AM -0600, Ed & Angie S. wrote:
> the text size
> for schematic symbols when printed is much smaller than before the
> upgrade.  The problem is very evident for symbols which use a line above
> part of the signal name text to indicate negated because the line is no
> longer located in the correct place relative to the text.  All symbol
> text looks fine on the screen; the problem is only with printed schematics.

When text looks different when printed it's usually because the anchor
point for the text is not where you want.  I seem to recall a mention
of an "automatic anchor point moving feature", which is possibly affecting
you.

Since gschem does not print using its internal vector font, if the anchor
point for your text is not "toward" the symbol, the smaller printed font
means that the gap between the edge of the text and the symbol will
increase.  In the case of a hand-drawn overbar, you'd have to make the
anchor top/center (in the default rotation) in order to have the bar stay
in approximately the right place.  It will still be too big for the printed
text.  If the bar is supposed to go over only one word of the text it's
probably impossible to ensure it prints correctly.

(and the print font has always been smaller since I started using gschem!)

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>