Re: gEDA-user: Verilog to logic gates - how?

Predrag Bradaric wrote:

> So, here is what I am trying to do and just don't know how! :)
> I want to write a verilog 'program', compile it, synthesize it and as
> a result get a netlist file (or what ever) that lists basic and
> sequential logic
> circuits with a description of connections between them. (I hope i've
> explained it right :)
> Basically, I want to describe how something works and get schematics
> with basic logic and sequential circuits.
> Can I do that with IVerilog?

For starters, go here: <http://iverilog.wikia.com> The introduction
in particular gives to a summary of where Verilog sits in the design
process.

For your specific case, you are going to use two Verilog tools:
a simulator (which can be Icarus Verilog) and a synthesizer (which
your Quartus download includes). Your day-to-day design is done
with a simulator, and once your simulations run to your satisfaction,
to pass your code to the synthesizer to get "gates" for your
FPGA.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,