Re: gEDA-user: Where to download PCB CVS snapshot?

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 19:43 +0200, Vaclav Peroutka wrote:

> > Try manually running:
> >

> Interesting is that in this GCC command there are glib-2.0 includes missing. If I add them into command you sent me I can compile the source. Anyway when I run "make -d" in the log it is correct.
>
> I found that the file is compiled correctly. So I run "make" several times and now I stopped on following:

The include preceding this in gui-top-window.c is gpcb-menu.h, which is
auto-generated:

gpcb-menu.h : gpcb-menu.res
	echo '/* AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED FROM gpcb-menu.res DO NOT EDIT */' > $@
	echo 'const char *gpcb_menu_default[] = {' >> $@
	sed 's/\\/\\\\/g; s/"/\\"/g; s/^/"/; s/$$/",/' < ${srcdir}/gpcb-menu.res >> $@
	echo '0};' >> $@

If you ran the sed commands manually, is it possible this didn't work
correctly. It would fit the symptoms presented here.

I'm not sure (having not done it this way myself), but do you need to
run unix2dos on any of the files to make this work properly in windows,
or does Cygwin fiddle here?

[ Real error was probably before the include of "insert.h" ]

> In file included from hid/gtk/gui-top-window.c:100:
> ./insert.h:41: error: syntax error before "void"

[ Everything went wrong since this point, so no point repeating ]

> It looks that GCC does not understand some constructs in the .h files. It is maybe somewhere in global.h or even before... Because the lines do not look strange for me...

See if gpcb-menu.h looks right.

> Maybe it would be better to upgrade to some other GCC version and MAKE version. Can somebody tell me the combination which was successfull to compile CVS pcb ?

When I built a native Win32 PCB, I cross-compiled. That was not entirely
without its own problems, but wasn't too hard. Since its not on Windows,
I doubt the version numbers are directly applicable, but I have:

make:

make --version
GNU Make 3.81

mingw gcc:

i586-mingw32msvc-gcc --version
i586-mingw32msvc-gcc (GCC) 3.4.5 (mingw special)

Regards,

Peter