Re: gEDA-user: Where to download PCB CVS snapshot?

Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 10:11 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>>> where can I download current CVS snapshot of PCB (I want to try
>>> FreeRotateBuffer())? Unfortunately I have restricted internet thus I
>>> can't use any external ( i.e. sourceforge.net) CVS...
>> I don't think we have daily snapshots in place anywhere.
>>
>>> Is this snapshot compilable in Cygwin ?
>> In theory, yes.  Getting a build environment is up to you, though.
>> There are scripts in src/win32.
>
> IIRC, those are for building with mingw to get a native windows
> executable. This can work under Cygwin, but you have to ensure that the
> path finds the mingw versions of gcc and the gtk libraries etc.. Another
> alternative is compiling with mingw under MSYS. Cross compiling with
> mingw almost works too.

actually... the script in win32/build_pcb is intended to run under
cygwin but it uses the -mno-cygwin flag to gcc to build non-cgywin
binaries.  I'll admit that the script in there makes lots of assumptions
which really aren't documented as to where the required libraries live.

> In Cygwin, the best bet is to try:
>
> ./configure .......
> make
> make install
>
> as usual. This will make a UNIX version PCB which runs under Cygwin
> (with cygwin.dll). I think it will use X11 - assuming you have the
> Cygwin GTK development libraries installed, so you'll need the Cygwin
> (or other) X server running.
>
> Depending on what you have installed, you may need --disable-docs or
> --enable-maintainer-mode on the ./configure line.

this should Just Work.

-Dan