Re: gEDA-user: selection of separate parts of a component

> Hmm. Does that mean, I need to have a local cvs repository
> installed? Can you give a little bit more details? Yes, I am a bit
> clueless. Until now, I only unpacked pcb-1.99v.tar.gz, made the
> necessary changes and recomliled.

Unlike git, you don't need the whole repository.  You just need to
check out the latest sources.

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=73743

Once you have those checked out, you could build them yourself if you
had all the tools needed.  Anyway, you can at least edit the menu
file, test it, and cvs diff it (cvs diff ... gpcb-menu.res).