Re: gEDA-user: Drawing lines in soldermask layer?

Ben Jackson wrote:
> Sierra Proto Express prefers the board outline be a 10 mil line in
> the soldermask layer.
>
> Is there any way to draw directly in the soldermask with PCB?
>
> Barring that, can I make a component that's got my board outline in only
> soldermask using width/mask/clearance/etc tricks?

For sierra, you can just draw the outline with a 10 mil line on the top
copper layer. I do it all the time. I just got a board back Thursday
that I submitted that way.

In the future it would really be nice to allow drawing on the soldermask
layer.

Darrell Harmon