Re: gEDA-user: Pay someone to do PCB work for me?

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Timothy Normand Miller <theosib@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:19 AM, John Luciani <jluciani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am assuming you want low values of resistance and capacitance.
> What kind of tolerances do you require? For a cap you could create a
> footprint
> with parallel pads on the component and solder sides.
> For resistances create a footprint consisting of a series of overlapping
> pads.

Can you _control_ those values?  I'm assuming the typical process
involves specifying a value, and there's a way to make the board to
spec.

You need to check with your PCB manufacturer. There should be a
tolerance for the copper thickness, dielectric constant and copper area.

If you start to deviate too much from the PCB manufacturer's "standard" process,
to etch capacitors and resistors, your component savings will
evaporate quickly.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org