Re: gEDA-user: poll: How do you geda?

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> I am curious, just how heterogeneous the group of geda users and
> developers is. So I thought, I'd start this little non-random sample poll
> in the mailing list:
>
> * What OS do you run geda applications on?
Linux w/ blackbox (Slackware)
Linux w/ gnome (Gentoo)
Linux w/ gnome (Edubuntu -- my 9YO daugher's system -- she love's PCB
design :)
Mac OS 10.4

Source databases synchronized with git.

> * How did you install your copy of geda apps?
 From source for Linux, OS X was from Fink or Darwin ports -- can't
remember.

> * Which apps do you use. What is your typical workflow?
gschem -> gattrib -> gsch2pcb -> pcb -> gerbv

> * Did you (have to) modify portions of geda to suit your needs?
Yes, PCB tweaks for an experimental workflow to create cheap laser cut
paste stencils.

> * What is the general flavor of your projects? (analog, digital, HF)
Small digital.

> * (add your favorite question here)

Do you use a source code repository?
Yes: git

Any associated database?
Yes: master parts database in mySQL with Gambas UI.

Have you made any of your own associated tools?
Yes: footprint and symbol generators

-dave