Re: gEDA-user: poll: How do you geda?

> * What OS do you run geda applications on?

Debian/testing, with some limited testing of the Windows builds with
computers at work.

> * How did you install your copy of geda apps?

Usually I build from git or cvs, but have used .deb's in the past.

> * Which apps do you use. What is your typical workflow?

Mostly gschem and pcb, with some limited use of gerbv, gnucap, iverilog.

Symbol/footprint creation with custom scripts/programs, schematic
capture with gschem, pcb layout with pcb, home etch double sided boards
(haven't got as far as get a pcb fab'ed).

> * Did you (have to) modify portions of geda to suit your needs?

I've submitted a couple of patches to fix bugs, and suggested patches to
improve functionality.  Also customized existing symbol creation
scripts, and written a footprint creation program.

> * What is the general flavor of your projects? (analog, digital, HF)

Up until recently my simple projects have be limited to a couple of
power supplies and MCU boards.  My current project is a huge step up in
complexity, a wide band software defined radio covering approx. 500 MHz
to 2.5 GHz.  It will be a multilayer board including RF frontend, 100+
MSPS ADC, BGA FPGA and Gigabit Ethernet.

Robert