gEDA-user: Thanks!

To everyone who offered advice on my component placement dilemma:  THANK YOU!

I’m taking this whole situation as impetus to get off my lazy duff and learn PERL, which I think would go a long way to automating much of the drudgery within PCB design.

For many years I worked with Viewlogic/DxDesigner & PowerPCB.  When I lost the job that paid for these EXPENSIVE tools due to lay-offs I was heartbroken.

I known about gEDA for a long time but I didn’t think they could compete with beloved Windows EDA tools.  When my current employer decided that they needed a new suite of tools but didn’t really want to budget anything for them; that was the last straw as it were.

I am amazed at how mature the gEDA suite is and the ability to edit the files with a text editor is useful beyond words.

Robert M. Lombardi II

Sr. Engineering Technician

Azonix Corporation – R&D

900 Middlesex Tpke. – Bldg 6