gEDA-user: Blind & Buried Vias

Hi all,

I have an application where I am creating a small PCB as the basis of an
active electrode. The non-component side of the board is in contact with
skin and exposed vias on this side of the board therefore must be
avoided. In the previous generation of the design, the circuit was
simple enough to allow me to perform routing purely on the top surface.
However the new design is significantly more complex and I think I will
need to move to a multi-layer board. I therefore need blind vias.

The official PCB documentation says that these are not supported.
Extract from section 2.2: "Each via exists on all copper layers. (i.e.
blind and buried vias are not supported)"

However I did find a number of threads on this topic in the archive, one
of which is referenced below. However this was almost 1 year ago and
there may have been further developments.

http://www.seul.org/pipermail/geda-dev/2006-July/000135.html

Is there any way to achieve this with "pcb"?

Regards, Neil